AMCC Corp, a General Contractor located in Long Island City, NY seeks a Controller to oversee all financial aspects of the Company and will work closely with Senior Management on a daily basis. The Controller will also supervise the work for accounting and main office staff and must work well with others and exemplify strong leadership skills.
- Quarterly Financial Statements
- Annual Sales Tax return
- All tax, workers’ comp and union audits
- Provide Senior staff with Weekly Financial Update
- Generate monthly project invoices and generate all required documents
- File federal 941 and state tax filings quarterly with withholding tax payments made as required
- Monthly job cost reporting with variance analysis
- Ensure that all quarterly estimated tax payments are filed (federal, State, & city).
- Ensure all projects are fully billed and paid before closing
- Assist in accounts receivable collection activities
- Assist / review payroll submission, including union reporting and certified payrolls
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Issue yearly 1099s
- Issue employee W-2)
- Prepare, review and direct the day-to day operations of the Accounting Department
- Send insurance certificate to New York DOB and DOT. Oversee the issuance of Construction Permits and their timely renewals
- Review all policy renewals on an annual basis
- Handles all aspects of workers’ compensation, property and GL policies.
- Ensure all bonding company requirements are met
- Manage all existing claims (General Liability & Workers Comp)
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA a plus
- 8 -10 years in fiscal management
- Experience using Sage/Timberline, with the ability to write/create custom reports and close periods in the accounting software.
- Answer / instruct employees on how to do tasks in Timberline
- Strong Excel required
- Experience in staff supervision
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently and be able to manage time effectively.
An Equal Opportunity Employer